Committed to engineering excellence and high quality solutions
Dynelec (Australia) is dedicated to delivering innovative and reliable systems combining expertise in power distribution, mining equipment, automation control and safety to help you to move forward and improve your operations, increasing your productivity, efficiency and safety.
Who we are
Dynamic Electrical Constructions (DEC) was founded in 1949 by Leo Peckman and Frank Melton as a family owned Australian company focussed on delivering quality to you. Many things can change in 70 years, our name has, however our drive to deliver excellence in everything we do has not.
A brief history of Dynelec
1949 - Founded by Leo Peckman and Frank Melton
1954 - Became the first electrical contractor for AI&S
1965 - Incorporated, employing 118 staff
1979 - Became a member of the Jones & Rickard Group of companies
1995 - Appointed Phil Peckman as Managing Director
1997 - Rob Robson appointed as Engineering Manager
2002 - Steve Whitehead appointed as Service Manager
2015 - Name changed to Dynelec Australia
- Dynelec becomes Licenced Eaton xEnergy Partner
- Accredited to AS/NZS4801 and NSW Government WHS Management System Edition 5
- Dynelec becomes a 100% owned subsidiary of the Jones & Rickard Group
- Phil Peckman stepped back from day-to-day management, remaining invested in the Group's future as a Director and significant Shareholder.
- Rod Abell becomes CEO of the Jones & Rickard Group
- Jaco Esterhuyse joins as Projects & Engineering Manager for the Jones & Rickard Group
- Belinda Peckman becomes Finance & Administration Manager, and Company Secretary, for the Jones & Rickard Group
We have been a major service provider to BHP, BlueScope Steel, Xstrata, Glencore, Metal Manufacturers, Onesteel, Sydney Water, Water NSW, Qenos, Boral, Morgan Cement, Svitzer, Schneider Electric, Sydney Trains, Snowy Hydro, Platinum Cables, Visy Paper and local industry over the 70 year period.
Accreditation and certification
We believe safety is important and that maintaining a high standard of work and ethic is unquestionable.
Dynelec is certified to:
- AS/NZ 9001:2015 (Quality Management System)
- find our Quality Policy here
- AS/NZ 4801 (OHS Management System)
- NSW Government WHS Management Standard Edition 5
- find our WHS Policy here
- AS/NZ 3800 (MP87.2)
We are accredited as a Type C inspection body, operating in accordance with AS/NZ ISO/IEC 17020. Our scope of accreditation includes meeting requirements for Explosion Protected Equipment.
Dynelec has a multi-disciplinary team representing a network of committed experts with hands-on experience in engineering, planning, design, installation, commissioning and project management with support to see any project through to a satisfying and rewarding conclusion.
Supported by one of the largest workshops and modern testing facilities in NSW, we’re fully equipped to build customised power solutions based on state-of-the-art technology to your requirements supported by an experienced on-site service team.
Our team of dedicated and experienced engineers and tradespeople are committed to assisting you to maximise your investments by providing optimal solutions with minimal downtime.